Written by: Michael Richards & Danny Brackman
Follow them on Twitter: @MPRichards1981 & @d__brack
Follow Prospects Worldwide on Twitter: @ProspectsWorldW
The 2020 FYPD Rankings and 2021 season is upon us! 2020 is in the rear view mirror, and this draft gives dynasty managers an opportunity for renewed hope in their pursuit of finding that next piece of the puzzle. Many types of draft styles converge at the same time, making this unique from typical drafts. Some managers, well on their way to building a serious contender, view this draft as an opportunity to grab a few prospects that may have some trade value later this year. Others are in the midst of a rebuild and are looking for that next franchise-altering piece that could turn the tides. Others are stockpiling talented arms hoping they can develop an ace or two for the future. Just like the typical fantasy drafts, various styles can and have worked.
The most important advice I can give you is to plan. Research the players. Figure out who you like and why. Search around for other drafts that have occurred and get a sense of where players are going. Have a strategy but be flexible enough to shift gears if someone falls to you. If your league allows in-draft trading, take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. If someone you have ranked #16 is sitting there at #31, reach out to see if you can trade up. Generally, be in tune with your league and the types of players certain managers tend to value. Not every draft will be the same because people have different levels of skill and experience. Sometimes you have to take a high upside international prospect inside the Top 10 if you want him. Other leagues allow these players to fall.
Each year players selected in these drafts end up turning into cornerstone players down the line. Some of them will shoot up prospect lists over the next year but are not considered top prospects at the time of this draft. If you take the preparation seriously and use all the great resources available, you should have a great time adding multiple intriguing prospects from this deep class. Good luck!
2020 FYPD Top 75 Rankings
|18||Robert Hassell III||SD||19|
|48||Danny De Andrade||MIN||16|
- Top 300 Dynasty Prospects
- Our Entire Dynasty Baseball Section (Tons of incoming articles and ranking updates)
- Top 20 Prospects on all Team farm systems (These will not be dynasty focused, but tons of analysis and information on each player, most who made the list above)
- AL East Breakout Prospects | AL Central Breakout Prospects | AL West Breakout Prospects
- NL East Breakout Prospects | NL Central Breakout Prospects | NL West Breakout Prospects
- In-depth Scouting Reports on MiLB Prospects
- 2021 MLB Draft Mock Draft, Rankings and Scouting Reports (If you’re looking to get the earliest edge you can on your league-mates, find out if those early 2021 FYPD Picks are worth targeting)